Good News for android developers and android device users. Finally, Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Officially announced with API 21 . As, we know that in June this year at Google I/O Android L Developer Preview was introduced for android developer to get feedback about this new version of android known as “Lollipop”.If you’r a developer and want to test your app compatibility with Android 5.0 Lollipop then you can get guides and more info about Android 5.0 APIs here.
Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK full release comes with developers images for android smartphone Nexus 5, android tablet Nexus 7 (2013), ADT-1, and the Android emulator.
Nexus 6 and Nexus 9 are the pioneer android devices those can run this new version of android OS. Nexus player that might be available in early November 2014 also can run this android Lollipop. Google also officially announced that Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 also get android 5.0 updates worldwide in early November.
Does your device is ready for this new release? You have more 15 days to wait for android Lollipop.
New Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop
Android 5.0 introduce many new features. We will list up all these feature. Followings are the key features of Android Lollipop.
- New API and new Design (Material Design Theme)
- Enhancement in Notification
- Enhancement in ART (Android Runtime)
- Project Volta and Battery Historian for better power efficiency for apps
- OpenGL ES 3.1, Android Extension Pack & 64-bit support for better game & app performance
- Document-centric apps
- Advanced connectivity
- Enhanced Camera & Video
- Screen capturing and sharing
- New types of sensors ( new tilt detector sensor, New interaction composite sensors & heart rate sensor)
- WebRTC, WebAudio, and WebGL
and many more…